Saturday, February 7, 2009

Poem OEDIPUS COMPLEX

Freud laughs from nowhere
I got trembled in my mother’s lap
Threw up, and I screamed:
“You bastard, what’s your business here?”
A giant Freudian shape
Stepped down to the darkness of the courtyard
Again on the stoop of my house
Mom went on running her fingers through my hair
Soon a war-horse stormed in to the battle field
Crushing the light hairs over my chest
I got a glimpse of the king Oedipus on it
Raising the sparking sword in his hand
That night before going to the bed
I burnt all the Freudian ghosts in the shelves
Yet while wooing the goddess of sleep
Freud again laughed from nowhere
Laughing louder like a heavy thunderbolt
Electrifying my body from the toe to the skull
Many times it stumbled my sleep
Each time I was startled
That the blanket smelled of my father’s blood